Crew Purpose Statement
INNOVATION LAB HIGH SCHOOL
CREW PURPOSE STATEMENT
At Innovation Lab, culture and character are developed and sustained in ways that bring the community together, promote shared understandings, and encourage all community members to become crew, not passengers.
1. Crew is a safe place, where students are seen and heard as unique individuals.
2. In Crew, students continue to develop their sense of identity, build relationships, and find their place in our community.
3. In Crew, all are nurtured and encouraged to develop a growth-mindset.
4. Crew is a place where students take responsibility for their learning through goal setting and reflection.
5. In Crew, students collectively support one another, believing that no one truly succeeds unless all succeed.
6. Within Crew, we work to identify and exemplify our school’s habits of character.
7. Crew is a place where students think critically, learn collaboratively, communicate effectively, and solve problems creatively.
8. Crew empowers students to become effective learners, ethical people, and contributors to a better world.
9. Crew leaders set the tone for high achievement by engaging students in collaboration and competition in a joyful, supportive environment.
10. Crew leaders form relationships with families, monitor academic progress, and advocate for their Crew members.