Report an Absence
Distance Learning Attendance
Student attendance is taken every class period during Distance Learning.
Please note that all absences must be excused within 72 hours
- Teachers will be taking attendance during each period.
- Students are required to attend the entire live Zoom lessons for each period to be considered present.
- If a student is unable to attend the live zoom, a parent needs to contact ILHS at ILHSattendance@nsd.org to excuse their student from class.
- The student needs to follow up with their teacher via email, zoom, Schoology, etc. to receive the work they missed.
- If a student was marked absent in error, they need to reach out to the teacher of record to request the absence to be cleared.
Student Success & What Parents Can Do to Help
Innovation Lab High School wants your student to be successful! Parents and guardians can help their student by promoting and encouraging regular, punctual attendance.
Every effort will be made to record attendance notifications received by 2:30 PM throughout the school week. Notifications received after 2:30 PM will be recorded the next school day. Parents and guardians can view attendance by logging in to ParentVUE.
What parents can do to help:
Certain attendance practices completed throughout the school year by parents/guardians (and students themselves) will help a great deal as students near the end of the grading period and face attendance appeals:
- Parents/guardians contacting Attendance at ILHSattendance@nsd.org within two school days of any absences and indicate the reason for the absence.
- Maintaining a record of absences and the reasons on a calendar throughout the school year.
- Providing doctor's notes for medical, dental or orthodontic visits as they happen during the school year.
Following up immediately when a student has been absent is important and helpful to all parties.
We are here to help! Please contact us at ILHSattendance@nsd.org if you have any questions about our policy or your student's attendance.
8:00 AM - 3:00 PM
Upon request, a copy of a student's attendance profile can be obtained from the Attendance Office.
The profile identifies the dates and periods a student has missed school and indicates whether or not an absence has been excused.